At least one rate must be mapped for every channel room type on Sirvoy’s mapping page, typically a “standard rate,” which appears first in the rates list.
Each room type can have more than one rate, and there are advantages and disadvantages to mapping only some or mapping them all.
Mapping All Room Rates
Ideal for hotels with only a handful of rates for each room type or those who want fine-tuned control in Sirvoy over every room rate.
- Complete control from within Sirvoy of all room rates.
- Sirvoy will clearly show the rate of each booking.
- Each room type’s restrictions and prices need to be applied individually.
Mapping Some Room Rates
Best for hotels with many rates for each room type.
- Automatic processes on the channel can control unmapped room rates for you.
- Unmapped rates can inherit settings from a “parent” rate, such as restrictions, and adjust their price based on the parent.
- Less fine-tuned control.
- When an unmapped rate inherits settings from a “parent” rate, its settings are generally tied to the “parent.” For example, its availability will follow the parent’s availability. Additionally, the unmapped rate’s price can’t be directly controlled from Sirvoy, but can be adjusted on the channel.