Authorize.Net is a payment gateway that is compatible with many banks and online merchant accounts. This service is only available for business owners that pay tax in USA, Canada or UK.
First you need to register an account with Authorize.Net. Make sure to sign up with Authorize.Net through these links to receive our discounted re-seller account fees:
Follow these steps to activate the Authorize.Net payment solution:
- Go to Settings -> Payments & Invoicing -> Card payments and click “Edit”.
- Select “Authorize.Net” in the drop-down menu.
- Enter the “API Login ID”, “Transaction Key” and “Signature Key”. You will find these details in your Authorize.Net account. See Authorize.Net Support Center for guidance.
- Set “Environment” to “Test mode” to test with your sandbox account that can be obtained for free here.
- Indicate the type of prepayment that should be requested.
- Make a test booking through your website to find out what your guests will see. Try the payment link to make sure it works. If you are using test mode, go here to collect credit card numbers to use for this purpose.
- Change “Environment” to “Production/Live” and the credentials to production credentials. Make a real payment the same way as you did in test mode.