With the connection to Citybreak, Sirvoy will automatically keep your availability updated and retrieve your bookings from Citybreak. This connection requires Sirvoy Pro and that you already have an agreement with a travel organizer (such as STF) who is using Citybreak. You will also need a Citybreak Easy Access account. If you don’t yet have such an account, your travel organizer can help you with that.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your travel organizer if you need help with Citybreak settings. Citybreak should not be contacted regarding this.
Follow these steps to activate the connection:
- Contact us at email@example.com regarding your wish to connect to Citybreak together with your Citybreak name, one of your Citybreak usernames and your travel organizer (arrangör). We will contact Citybreak and enable a connection. There might be settings you need to adjust on Citybreak in order for the connection to be established. See “IMPORTANT” below.
- Since the room types will be bookable immediately after the connection is activated, it is important to create any availability restrictions now, before you proceed to the next step. The only restriction compatible with Citybreak under “Restrictions for check-in, check-out and/or stays” is the one called “Stays not allowed”. The restriction “Bookable days” is not compatible with Citybreak.
- When receiving confirmation from us that the connection has been enabled, go to Settings -> Channels -> Citybreak -> Edit to map the Citybreak room types to their equivalents in Sirvoy. This article gives valuable help on mapping – How to Map Room Types Between Sirvoy and Channels. If there are settings that need to be adjusted in Citybreak before mapping, you will see a message indicating what needs to be done before mapping of that particular room type is possible. Citybreak subproducts are extra services (such as ‘breakfast’) and cannot be mapped to Sirvoy. However, when booked they will appear in the booking and their price will be added to the booking value.
- If you sell packages on Citybreak and thus have created several rate codes there, these will appear in Sirvoy and can be mapped. But the additional rate codes for a product can only be mapped to room type duplicates – copies of a room type used for mapping of the product. More information on how to create room type duplicates can be found in this article – Creating a Room Type Duplicate. If the additional rate codes are not mapped, Sirvoy will not send any price updates for these. The price will instead be controlled from Citybreak. However, the availability will be inherited from the room type used for the mapped rate code and therefore be controlled from Sirvoy. If you sell products and have connected them to other price codes than “Property” in Citybreak (such as Events), the availability should not be controlled by Sirvoy. Therefore – please select “Ignore” in the mapping drop down menu. The availability will be controlled from Citybreak and any bookings made for these products will be visible only in Citybreak.
- Save the mapping.
- From the point you’ve saved the mapping, your connection to Citybreak is active. Sirvoy now directs the prices and inventory displayed at Citybreak.
- Create a product (room type) in Citybreak.
- Add the product and the rate to at least one rate period. Add prices in the rate period/ periods to ensure that the first price updates from Sirvoy get through correctly.
- Add the product and number of its units to the defined availability period.
- To be able to control the prices from Sirvoy, make sure that the price model in Citybreak is “price per unit”. It’s the only price configuration that will enable us to send price updates to Citybreak. Adjust the corresponding room type price model in Sirvoy to “fixed price – independent of number of persons”. If the Sirvoy room type used for the connection is set to “flexible price – depends on number of persons”, the price set for the maximum number of guests will be the one sent to Citybreak.
- Use “PAX (price per person)”, if you want to achieve price per person, whether it is for the standard rate room type or any of the rate codes used for packages. Please note: If this price model is selected in Citybreak, price updates are not sent from Sirvoy. Prices will then only be possible to control via Citybreak.
- Only use one Availability period! You should only have one availability period set up and have all products connected to this. To do this, choose a start date up to 2 years from the current date, and a future end date of your availability period, up to 5 years from the start date (using “yyyy-mm-dd” format). For example: “from 2019-12-01 to 2024-11-30”. In the Citybreak availability period settings, be sure to select the products that should be sold and also set the number of units for each product. Each product must also have at least one assigned rate period. If you should experience problems with the availability not being correctly displayed, please see this article – Problems with Availability on Citybreak.