If you are using the Pro version, you can share room availability information with vacation rental websites that support the iCal format (one-way connection). However, a few iCal channels additionally also support automatic “booking retrieval” (two-way connection).
iCal is a file format that represents the calendar for a certain room. Bookings and restrictions appear as blocked dates in the calendar, and thus indicate which dates the room is available
- Go to Settings -> Channels -> iCal and click “Edit”.
- Find the room for which you want to share availability information and click Generate export URL.
- Copy the URL displayed and share it with any number of iCal channels. The channels may then call the URL regularly, and Sirvoy will respond with the availability for that room. For Airbnb see these instructions on how to import iCal calendars.
- Bookings can only be automatically imported from iCal channels that support a two-way connection. Click Choose format to see the currently supported channels. If you have a different iCal channel that you wish to retrieve bookings from and its format matches either the Airbnb, HomeAway/VRBO or 9flats format, that too can be connected. However, please contact email@example.com in order to have the URL accepted.
- Copy the export URL from the respective channels and paste it in the “Enter iCal URL here” field. (For Airbnb, see these instructions on how to export the Airbnb calendar.) Bookings from iCal channels that are not listed here must be registered manually in Sirvoy.
- Click “Select Room type” if the connected unit appears in more than one Sirvoy room type and you wish to control to what room type bookings should be imported. (If you want to change the room type of an already existing mapping, see the information further below.)
- With only one Sirvoy account, you can connect to several different Airbnb listings. (Applies to all iCal channels.)
- Prices set in Sirvoy are NOT sent to iCal channels – only availability is. This means that you have to set your prices in your iCal channel account.
- Cancellations will not come through to Sirvoy. Instead, Sirvoy will, when detecting what we believe is a cancellation, send an email asking you to manually cancel the booking.
- Modifications on bookings such as changes of unit or date, made by you or a guest, will come through to Sirvoy. The modification should always be made on the channel’s side.
- If you set up a restriction in Sirvoy in order to block a unit on an iCal channel, you need to tick the box “Stays not allowed (including check-in)” as well. Ticking only “Check-in not allowed” will not block the unit on the channel.
- For Airbnb, when activating the booking retrieval feature (import) under Settings -> Channels -> iCal, note that both unconfirmed and confirmed bookings are imported to Sirvoy. Even after an unconfirmed booking has been rejected in Airbnb, it will reappear as booked in Airbnb after the next update is sent from Sirvoy. Solution: if you reject an unconfirmed booking in Airbnb, you have to immediately remove it in Sirvoy manually. If you prefer to avoid this manual process, you have the option of deactivating the import feature. But note that this action might increase the risk of overbookings, since Airbnb bookings need to be entered manually in Sirvoy. We therefore do not recommend deactivating the import function.
- The settings for the export calendar URL link in VRBO and HomeAway are recommended to be set to “non tentative”, as booking requests will be visible in Sirvoy elseway. If tentative bookings are imported to Sirvoy it may also cause conflict status in the booking in the HomeAway calendar.
- Sirvoy will receive very little detail about the booking via iCal. Room price, occupancy, room type, guest name(s) or any related credit card information are NOT sent from the channel. The field >guest name< will appear as “No Name”.
- The occupancy in these bookings will be set to 1 person by default. If the room is used in multiple room types in Sirvoy, you can control the room type that bookings should be imported to on the iCal mapping page. In case you want to import bookings to a different room type, the previous mapping needs to be deleted first. To make such a change, copy the import iCal URL and then delete the import. Then add the import iCal URL back and from the dropdown menu, select the room type you wish to use in the connection. Please note that such change of mapping will not update already existing bookings, but affect only future ones.
- The room price in the booking will be set to whatever is configured in Sirvoy for the connected room type, with occupancy 1, including any price changes.