Note: This article includes information about third-party systems, which may change.
To install the booking engine on WordPress:
Install the Sirvoy Booking Engine Plugin
- Sign in to your WordPress website.
- Go to Plugins -> Add New, and search for “Sirvoy”.
- Click “Install Now”.
- After the installation is complete, click “Activate”.
Retrieve the Booking Engine Shortcode
- Sign in to Sirvoy.
- Go to Settings -> Booking engine -> Manage booking engines –> How to install.
- Select “Using our WordPress plugin (install shortcode)”.
- Copy the shortcode from “Copy this code”.
Add the Booking Engine to a WordPress Page
There are two areas the booking engine can be displayed.
1. Page Editor
To include the Sirvoy booking engine on a specific page:
- Paste the shortcode to your WordPress page.
Tip: Place a booking review form in the same way. Find the shortcode at Settings -> Review Booking –> How to install.
2. Widget Area
To include your booking engine in a Widget area, such as a sidebar:
- Go to a WordPress page with a widget area.
- In the top menu, click “Customize”.
- Click on “Widgets”.
- If multiple sections are an option, click all sections you would like to display the booking engine.
- Click “Add a Widget”.
- In the widget list, select “Text”.
- In the text area, paste the shortcode.
- Press “Publish”.